Thursday, June 14, 2007

Hi from the Crew of the Heart (Day 3)



Kristen Weckworth Crew Chief of Race 4 Life checked in with a photo of the "Crew of the Heart". In keeping with TDL Tradition, they have named their vehicles for various organs than can be donated ( sign your donor card!!). Their crew is divided into groups of 3:
The Heart: Kristen, Rick, Brenda (pictured)
The Kidney: Danny, Amalia, Lee
The Liver: Colette, Vernon and Virginia. Their tie in to this name choice: Colette's dad is a liver transplant recipient and Vernon and Virginia are pharmaceutical reps for Roche (props to one of our sponsors!!) and they work with the hepatitis C drug products and studies.
Kristen sends kudos to Felix Battistella for the awesome transistion and crew scheduling plan - things are going smoothly and the crew is getting the rest they need to stay refreshed (or is it the caffeine??)

1 comment:

NOR8560 said...

Vacaville, Ca.

Baby you are looking good .... I am glad you are having fun... You look fantastic in this picture... I love you and can't wait for you to get home... I love hearing from you... And David is HOME!!! It has been a long 2 years and baby he wants his home cooked meal...LOL I am reporting the race to my extended family across america and at different parts of the race they have seen you guys that is so cool...They have seen my ugly mug in places all over now they are seeing my new half... LOL And most definitely prettier half... so if people start coming up to and talking some might be people that I have had the privilege of speaking to across america... I told you it was going to be pretty... I love you honey...

Vacaville

RWC