Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Pre-Race activity



(from Jason)
What a great start!! We have some terrific chemistry within our team already (we'll need that in about 3 days!). For me, the most amazing sight was Sunday evening at our TDL Reception with about 200 people… a sea of TDL jerseys and windbreakers. With 32 riders and 40-something crew members, TDL has become a GIANT of its own… well beyond that first naïve team and crew from 2005 when we had no expectations or idea what we were getting into. So many team members and crew that are just meeting for the first time… I almost laugh out loud when people ask me if I am part of Team Donate Life! I tell them, “Yes, I got involved in 2003 when I gave a kidney to my dad!”
Now we are well-organized and full of strategy ideas… we are giving the other teams tips and ideas! The RAAM officials are extremely kind to us… like it�s one big family of bike enthusiasts. Everyone is so excited be here.
RAAM is all about the challenges and solving problems… our first two challenges: 1) too much stuff to cram in our three SUV�s, and 2) all our signage started coming off the light kits in the wind – I think we�ve already used 10 rolls of duct tape! Oh, well… nothing too serious.
There is no shortage of practical jokes and laughs. I think the hospital has made Lorenzo a little crazy… or he is reverting back to his childhood days. But it makes for some very funny moments.

(this is Deb's first attempt at blog entry. I hope the photos I uploaded will appear. I promise it will become more savvy tomorrow, as Jocelyn Monroe will step in and assist!)

1 comment:

Bob Bilyeu said...

It was great being in Oceanside to see your team off! We captured some great photos and will email them to Dave. Thanks again for all you are doing for those of us waiting for a transplant.